Google Map Creator provides a quick and free way to convert .shp or formated .csv for viewing in Google Maps and MapTube - allowing datasets to be quickly and easily shared and visually compared against any other data on MapTube. In short it is perfect for local councils, government organizations, academics and general users who want to view and share their data in the easiest way possible.
Before uploading to MapTube, maps need to be created from shapefiles using the Google Map Creator tool and placed on the web. Maptube takes a link to this location and creates a new map reference from the information found there.Quickstart - How to Create a Map for MapTube
- Create the map with the Google Map Creator and save the settings xml file.
- Copy the tile directory and xml settings file to a web server.
- Log in to MapTube and choose Add A New Map.
- Copy the url of the settings xml file into the XML URL box and click 'Test'.
- Fill in the rest of the information on the page and click on 'Submit' to upload the map.
To start making maps simply login to http://www.maptube.org
See http://www.maptube.org/help-createmap.aspx for full details and as ever any thoughts are welcome.