CityDashBoard TalesofThings MapTube
Qrator Tutorials About Digital Urban
MRes ASAV SurveyMapper Contact Us

2008-12-12

3D Urbanism: Multidisciplinary Realtime Quantitative Simulation

Ultimately designers aim is to achieve an integrated environment where - during the design process, including the early stages – the designer can generate a three-dimensional geometrical design, set up inter-related analysis and optimisation routines and receive meaningful feedback in realtime.

The movie below by ARUP is slightly 'dry' but it is worth a look as the concept is actually quite innovative:


3D Urbanism: multidisciplinary Realtime quantitative simulation from alvise on Vimeo.


3D Urbanism is a research project from ARUP aiming at bringing discreet quantitative analytical solutions (urban design, moving vehicles, moving people, acoustics, lighting and climate) into a unified Realtime interactive environment to demonstrate performance based design to designer, client and city planner....

4 comments:

  1. Its just amazing! I was working on quantitative analysis of lighting with SketchUp+GIS, but what I see here- simultaneous visualisation of all physical factors in 3d- plus mentioned in your description 'realtime optimization' gives ARUPs tool a serious useful meaning. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Hi My friend;

    I always visit ur blog and reading.This is my first comment.And Iwanna say ur blog is really
    good and same as my blog.İf u wanna we can exchange our links.I added ur blog link.İf u visit
    my blog and comment my blog and answer my wish,ı will be happy.Have a good time...

    Top 10 Celebrity's

    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Does anyone know what software they used to generate this?

    Sean Doughtie
    http://aeccommunications.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am almost sure that the software is their own product

    ReplyDelete